The Department of Plastic Surgery, Aster Al Raffah Hospital is headed by the famous Dr. C Thomas. Dr. C Thomas introduced Plastic Surgery in Oman is credited for revolutionizing cosmetic surgery in the Sultanate of Oman.
Dr. C Thomas’s unmatched experience makes him the Best Plastic Surgeon in Oman. A veteran Plastic Surgeon with more than 4 decades of experience to his credit,Dr. Chona Thomas’s skills in aesthetic (cosmetic), reconstructive, dermatological and hand surgery are unparalleled. One of the most respected figures in the medical fraternity, he spearheaded the entire gamut of Plastic Surgery services in Oman for 40 years.
Within an exceptionally brilliant course of experience and helping the world with cosmetic solutions, Dr. C Thomas has worked at various destinations which makes him an international icon of Plastic Surgery.
- Presently,Senior Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Aster- Al Raffah Hospital, Muscat, Oman
- 2005 – 2012 President, Association of Plastic Surgeons of Oman
- 2004-2005 President of the GCC Association of Plastic Surgeons
- 2004-present Advisory Board,”Science India Forum Muscat “( Oman Chapter of “ Vidhayan Bharati “) for the students of Indian Schools in Oman.
- 2003 – Present Post-doctoral examiner (Ph.D), Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2001 – Present Regional Adviser of the Middle East to the SMILE TRAIN, an international plastic surgeon’s charity organisation for the global Management of facial clefts with headquarters at New York, USA.
- 2001 – 2014 Member, International Advisory Committee, Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, published from India
- 2000 – Present Regional Editor to the Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, published from USA
- 1998 – Present Permanent Guest Surgeon in Operation Smile, Norfolk, Virginia, U.S.A.
- Participated in their programmes at
Lampang,Thailand in October 1998
Lanzhou, China in March/April 1999
Quena, Egypt in September 2005
- 1995 – Jan.2002 Hospital Director, Khoula Hospital, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman (Ministry of Health)
- 1987 – 2000 Medical Advisor to the Embassy of the United States of America, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
- 1986 – 2012 Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Surgery,College of Medicine, Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman
- 1986 – 1991 Active participation in the Managing Committee of the Indian Schools in the Sultanate of Oman as
Member, Board of Directors
- 1985 – 2012 Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Service, Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman.
- 1983 – 2012 Senior Consultant, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Khoula Hospital, Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman.
- 1981-83 Senior Specialist, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Khoula Hospital, Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman.
- 1981 Locum Senior Registrar for a period of three weeks, Department of Plastic Surgery, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
- 1980-81 Full Time Resident Trainee in Plastic Surgery (Senior House Officer Equivalent to Registrar), Department of Plastic Surgery, Slough, United Kingdom
- 1978-79 Full time Resident Trainee (Senior House Officer), Department of Plastic Surgery, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
- 1974-78 Surgical Specialist and in charge of a General Surgery Unit, Khoula Hospital, Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman
- 1971-74 Junior Surgeon, American Mission Hospital, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
1968-71 Full Time Resident Postgraduate in General Surgery, Medical College Hospital, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- 1967-68 House Surgeon, Medical College Hospital, Trivandrum, India
Lead Senior Associate Consultant – Plastic, Hand & Cosmetic Surgery
Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Surgery:
Rhinoplasty (Nose Correction) | Blepharoplasty (Eye lid Reduction) | Rhytidectomy & Brow lift (Face Lift) |Mammoplasty – Breast Augmentation & Reduction | Breast lift & Eversion of Nipple | Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) | Liposuction (Fat Removal) | Body Contouring | Arm Reduction | Thigh Reduction | Labioplasty| Gynaecomastia (Male Breast Enlargement) | Fat Transfer | Soft Tissue Fillers | Botox
Repair Cleft Lip and Palate | Pharyngeoplasty | Alveolar Bone Grafting | Hypospadias Operations | Salivary Gland operations | Resurfacing Operations for Bedsores & Ulcers
Acute Hand Injuries | Hand Deformities | Carpal Tunnel Syndrome | DeQuervain’s Syndrome | Dupuytren’s Contracture
Excision of Skin Tumors (Benign & Malignant) | Correction of Post Burn Deformity | Skin Grafting | Scar Revisions